BikeEnvy's Women's Road Coaching Day

 

Prior to the official launch of the website, BikeEnvy got together with Trek Bikes and CycleFit to organise a Women’s Coaching Day, at the Hillingdon cycle circuit and it was a huge success.

 

 

BE Coaching 11

 

Over 35 women came along to enjoy a full day of female friendly coaching and advice, fuelled by a delicious organic lunch and Torq Nutrition.

 

The on-bike sessions were taken by a team of experienced British Cycling coaches, headed up by Graham Macnamee.  These were balanced by sessions off the bike, which gave everyone time to talk to our experts; Trek had a number of beautiful women’s specific bikes for demo, CycleFit were doing what they do best - making women more comfortable and efficient on their bikes - and there was sports massage, a core strength session and stretching as well.

 

 

BE Coaching 5

 

 

We asked those who came along to give us some feedback and, not surprisingly, most of them were happy to share their opinion!  We were delighted to learn that 84% would recommend the day to a friend, 'without hesitation', while the remaining 16% said ‘probably’ and most important of all, no-one said ‘no’ they would not recommend the day.

 

It was a busy day, made all the more enjoyable by the glorious sunshine, but mostly because everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  Here is one of the many thank you messages we have received:

I just wanted to write and say thank you for an absolutely marvellous day yesterday. I was so utterly impressed by your whole team of helpers who, to a person, were kind, thoughtful, empathetic and helpful.  I felt safely 'held' the entire day. To pull off dealing with such a diverse group so successfully was quite a feat! I could not find fault with anything at all.   I've come away from the day feeling more confident and actually quite inspired.

 

BikeEnvy’s editor, Bex was interviewed for the local paper and she said:

We hope the Women's Road Coaching day will act as a springboard for female riders to gain confidence and the skills to ride in groups, train together and even race. In addition to quality on-the-bike coaching, many of the women come for the seminars on bike set-up, nutrition and health, stretching and core exercises to aid recovery and endurance on the bike, and of course the lovely organic food and home made cakes. Although the day revolves around biking, we've found that the social aspect of the day and the direct contact with our biking experts are really highly valued

 

Look out for more BikeEnvy coaching days soon, we plan on rolling out a new series of coaching days for 2010 and hope to come to a region near you soon. In the meantime why not join our Forum and find some new friends to ride and train with.

 

BE Coaching 1

adad
Web site design by GVC